Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New House Pictures...& Sophy's locked car incident!

Well much is happening for us. Troy's been working hard to get the school year going technologically for the wonderful Westminster students and then going to our new house afterward and on Saturdays he's been working hard to put in the sprinkling system and get the landscaping done before we close. It's amazing that everything's looking good and we were blessed to be able to lock at a 5.13% interest rate. It's looking like we will move in a bit early on Sept. 17th. Here are some pictures of the house we took a couple weeks ago. Since these pictures, the granite countertops have been put into the kitchen.


I will try to get more pictures soon, but I broke our camera and today locked Sophy in the car with the keys on the front seat. We had some fun with 2 fire trucks, and 1 sheriff that were able to break in within 60 seconds (slow for them they say--Neil, maybe you could be a fireman??). They all made faces at Sophy and everything was fine. We were in a garage and the weather was cool, just starting to rain. The car was not running. I still stand by the fact that the car hates me and locked me out to prove something (it's trying to kill us off-sort of a computers taking over Tron/Big Brother/War Games, etc. thing). It would have been horrible, but cute Sophy had a sandwich (that she proudly ate all of while I was watching-moms, I would ALMOST recommend this to your picky eater), and her milk and was laughing at me come up with my inspirations for the new book I'm apparently doomed to write entitled "101 Things to Keep Your 18 Month Old Happy When You Lock Her In The Car: For Dummies". The rest of the day she seemed unaffected and was actually singing "happy happy happy happy" the whole ride home. Man was I blessed with laughter at a VERY necessary time!

7 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! The house looks FANTASTIC!!!

cottle said...

Looks wonderful, you guys deserve it. I would love to come visit when you move in, if they baby hasn't come yet. Just let me know I am home and boared now. Good luck with moving

Mom of three ♥ said...

The house is beautiful and so much more room! I am jealous of the storage space you have. Since as you know with the houses we live in we have none! I am excited to come and see it when your all moved in. That is scary that she got locked in, but thankfully she was un affected by it and it was a cool day in the garage.

Heidi said...

love the pics - it looks great!

Jill said...

Your house looks gorgeous and HUGE! I am so jealous!! :)

Heidi said...

I'm super jealous of your new house too! I wish we could have bought one brand new. Oh well... next time. Can't wait to see it for real. And while it's horrible that you locked Sophie in the car, it definitely could have been worse and it's kind of funny how fine she was with it. Be grateful for that. Remember when we locked our keys in the car in Girard? :)

Troy & Emily said...

I'm trying to forget that Girard mishap! :)