Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Upcoming Birth Excitement...and hardship
I've been having a hard time lately. Troy and I have decided to have a homebirth...not a decision we have come upon lightly. We have prayed and researched heavily about many different options and feel this is the best one for us. Moving forward, we are excited because we know we are making the right choice for us. Since then I've had many well meaning friends tell me they are worried for me when I really want their support and excitement at this special time in our lives. I know it's scary, but birth is scary no matter where it happens. I know the odds and much of the info, more than some of my friends think I do I'm sure. I love you all and I am grateful for so many different options. One is not right for everyone and I support others in their choice. If there is anyone who wants to tell me they are excited for me, I could really use that now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I AM EXCITED FOR YOU! My aunt just had a home birth a few weeks ago and it went fabulously (my uncle delivered it supervised by the midwife!). The due date is... remind me AGAIN! (sorry...)
Think of you lots.
No matter what anyone says Em you know what is best for you and your family and I am sure that if you have prayed about this and feel good about it then everything will be okay. I love you and am so grateful for your friendship and SO EXCITED for this new little boy to join your family!
Ahh- found it- just had to read back a bit on your blog. After I looked at your Christmas card (in December) I was remembering that first day we met. Remember?! Crazy. I kept thinking, "She's just like me!!" Love it. Love your little family more.
You know I am excited! And praying for your strength.
I am SO excited for you! You have no idea! I'm so proud of you for really researching it out and making your own decision and not letting what other people think you should decide be what you decide. Just remember you bubble and your positive affirmations. I love you!
Emily, NO one can tell you what is best for you BUT you. Don't listen to the negativity. Not worth it. Way esdcited for you and this little guy. PS We need to play when the boys get better
You are one strong woman! I support you in anything the lord has given you confirmation to do! I am glad you researched it and am so excited for you to bring you little baby boy into the world! We need to get together soon! Love you sweety!
Enjoy your pregnancy and treasure all you have, especially your family.
HI there, I'm Becky Clegg - I'm Angalee's high school friend, and i saw your name on her blog roll. I thought your husband was a mutual friend, and when I arrived here, the title of your post caught my eye (sorry if this is weird in any way!). I just wanted to tell you that our 1 year old boy was born at home, delivered with the help of my mid-wife, and her birth assistant and it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. I can see that you're LDS, so I don't mind sharing that I really prepared with the intention of learning to rely on the Lord more, and it worked! After we had our boy, my mom confessed that it was really really hard for her to not discourage us - she feared for my safety, and others were really worried for me, so I understand what you might be going through. But like you, we knew it was right for us. The best part is that I found there is a lot more to my own strength/ability than I knew was in there, and my relationship with my hubby grew in turn. He was such a support - I can't even describe how much it helped me see how much I depend upon him. If you want to hear more about my experience, shoot me an email: beckstarr@gmail.com. I hope this doesn't seem too weird when I don't know you! Just wanted to give you a hoo-rah for your choice! You can do it! Our bodies really are equipped, and the prep is so beneficial even if you don't deliver at home. Enjoy the choice you've made!
Unfortunately ill-informed people who rely on what they are 'told' rather than what they have researched and know to be true through actual knowledge rather than stories spew fear and uninformed opinions on those who truly pray, research and make conscious well informed decisions.
Friends in the medical community may try to scare you, it is a tactic they learn in school [unknowingly] to sell their services to the uninformed public. Modern medicine is about fear, you'll die if you don't do what they say or some horrible thing will bestow you if you don't do what they say, gotta love that fear.
God gave birth to women and doctors have robbed it from them. Women do not believe they can give birth, they think it is scary and something best left to doctors, this is a lie! Birth is a sacred, miraculous gift given to women and God's children who they welcome into the world at such a beautiful time. God did NOT make a mistake, he did not create birth to be so dangerous that women could not do it and babies cannot survive it, Birth Works!! Birth is as safe as life gets.....period!
There are no guarantees in life, but birth is as safe as it gets and as a midwife I KNOW that God protects birth, he guides midwives hands and watches over his little ones as they enter the world. You know the truth and it saddens me that most women do not believe in the greatest gift God has bestowed upon them, but don't let their ignorance drag you down.
I have seen the power of women and the miracle of birth dozens of times and I have prayed over each woman when I attend her birth, the guidance of God is greater than the mind of man [doctor] will ever be! Have faith, hope and joy in the greatest gift God has given you and let the negativity of the ill-informed melt away.
Congrats! I hope it all goes well for you. Let me know if you need me to take Sophie or do something else for you.
Love ya!
You guys are awesome! I have a little less than 2 weeks till the "due date" and I feel more excited for this opportunity everyday. I have taken great courage and have made Heavenly Father my #1 fan. I know that He loves me and will help me though this and most importantly, I know that this decision is what He wants for us. Thank you very much for the cheer leading on the side that helps me stay positive. Especially from those I've never met. Thank you for your interest in my plight! :) I hope to have good news soon--no matter what the process ends up being :)
Post a Comment