Friday, April 23, 2010

A Goal has been set...can I make it to the top??

Well, I think I'm crazy, but in a wierd way it's good for me. I got a call from a friend right during the miscarriage craziness asking if I wanted to (she didn't know yet) run a race in June with her. I LOVE MY FRIEND!! It's a crazy race, but I've never needed a goal more in my life, and I felt like now was the PERFECT time for something as crazy as the Wasatch Back race! I'll be Runner #6 which is the 2nd longest amount of miles, with a 7 mile leg, an 8 mi leg and then a 3 mi leg at the end, but I'm very excited and it should be tons of fun. My first run after the miscarriage I think I was too excited because I ran to the Oquihrr temple and back (7miles). Now I have started babysitting again, 3 days per week and am struggling to get my routine down, but I know that this is a once in a lifetime chance! Thanks Wendy for helping me to have fun and be goofy like the good old Foxboro days! Here's a link to the course maps (scroll down to the middle of the page and then look under Runner #6): http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/coursemaps

3 comments:

Zackira's said...

I am so impressed! I could never do that. I get tired after a mile.

Katie said...

Good luck, I know that you can succeed. My co-workers do this one (with others) every year and love it.

Stef said...

Oh girl, I still think you are CRAZY! (But really I am just jealous!) I know you will do awesome, I'd like to try something like that, but not this year! Good luck!