Friday, April 2, 2010

Sad times, Peace Encompasses...

Well we were pregnant, but at the 13 week ultrasound, the baby had no heartbeat. We were devestaded but immediately felt the love and compassion that God has for the sorrow that His children go through. It has been a hard time, but eventually the miscarriage happened and we are beginning to heal and move forward. Many have said prayers and sent cards and thought of us at this difficult time. Thank you very much. We know that while we don't understand all things, GOD does, and that gives us the comfort and assurance that we need. Since then I have found out the sad truth that miscarriages happen in 15-20% of pregnancies! My comfort is that, having gone through it, maybe I can understand and feel what someone else feels at their difficult time of need. Through it all, Sophy has been our Sunshine. She has come up to us and says, "Don't worry, be happy!" and we find it difficult to not be grateful for all that we have been given.

11 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

So sorry Em, I had not heard this sad news!! My bro and sister in law just went through the exact same thing and it is very hard. I hope you guys will find peace and your family will be in our prayers!

Love ya
Amber

Jill said...

I am so sorry for you loss. It is definitely a hard thing to go through. I am glad you have your cute little Sophy to keep you smiling. Good luck with everything.

blisster said...

i love you gerbers.

Angela said...

Shmem! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can only begin to imagine what y'all are going through right now, but you can know that you'll see your little one again. Heavenly Father certainly has a plan in all things, and we certainly will not be able to understand all of His plans. But I know that y'all will find much needed comfort!

One thing I've learned through my current degree study is that it is actually very hard to get pregnant. That is the miracle in the first place, and then to see the sweet little Sophy that you have. WOW! So many wonderful things!!

I love ya!!!

Heidi said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. We'll keep you in our prayers...

Brett, Jenn and Alex said...

I am so sorry for your loss! I will keep you in my prayers! I love you!

Heidi said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I know what you're going through - I miscarried between Jarom and Alex. And while it's a hard thing to go through, miscarriages as you said are more common than we think and don't have any bearing on your future pregnancies. The Lord has a plan for each of us and our timing is not usually his timing! Call me if you need anything. We still need to plan a playdate when you're feeling up to it.

PrincessKryssi said...

I love you guys so much and am so sorry about what happened. Your faith and endurance are a wonderful example. You are in my heart and prayers always.

Katie said...

You are always such an upbeat happy person, even through all of this heartache. I am always here for you!

Alisha said...

Thinking of you...we love you guys.

The Baker said...

I am sure you know (because you are awesome!!) that God sends us blessings in all forms. This is just another of those wonderfully confusing kinds. I am so very sorry. Anything I can do you just holler.