Sunday, September 26, 2010

Deck Pics

Well, one thing I asked for my bday that was just finished was a deck. Mostly only so we could go out our back door to the park with kids instead of having to walk all the way around..but it doesn't hurt that it turned out GREAT! Troy designed it himself, got all the pieces from Lowes and Home Depot, worked on it with a few nieghbors, his dad, and brother...THANKS TO ALL! There's a piece we put in where we want to have a slide, but don't have money for it/haven't figured out which one to get yet, so instead of leaving it open for kids to be drawn to (as I'm sure they would), he came up with this slot-railing idea where it looks exactly like the rest of the deck's railing, but it can be pulled up and out at anytime, and then we can even have it in when we do have a slide incase there's a baby crawling around. For now, Sophy loves to use it like a dog. In the morning she says she needs to go out on the deck (we put a baby gate up by the stairs so she can't get out), wants her food out there, and I shut the door, she eats, runs around and "barks" or knocks on the door when she wants to come in. It's great and her cousin Malakai loves it too.

2 comments:

Chris and Jamie said...

That's awesome! I love the railing. Good job Troy!

Heidi said...

That deck looks so great! Man, your husband really IS good at everything:) I'm sure you're happy to be able to walk out the back door and not fall to your death.