I've been trying to cook more lately, and it's been going pretty well, I think. Troy is still healthy, and I haven't endangered Sophy by eating anything I've made that was poisionous--so far. I've found much joy in baking bread and we are trying to use the homemade bread instead of having to buy the storebought stuff. The first two batches weren't perfect, but the third should have no reason not to be. My favorite part is pounding the dough! I can't wait till Sophy can do this with me so that I can have a reason for acting childish (I've never needed one before, but it's nice to know there is one, nonetheless.). As for dinner, one of my favorite first tries that turned out much easier than it should have been was this lovely Manacotti (seen below).
I found it interesting that 2-3 recipes I found for Manacotti included broccoli. I don't think I've ever had broccoli in my manacotti before, aber es ist sehr gut! (I'm trying to keep it up Eva. I'm thinking about including "secret" German sentances on the blog meant only for those who know German. We'll see how brave I get.)
Here is the recipe--compliments Jenn Woodruff
1 box Manacotti shells

1 box chopped broccoli (cooked slightly)-small box
1 can Cream of Chicken
3 eggs
1 (12 oz) Cottage Cheese
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce
Grated Cheese
Mix ingredients in a bowl. Fill manicotti shells and place in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Pour jar of spaghetti sauce on top. Cover with foil. Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Congrats Troy! That recipe looks good. I'm going to try it!
Post a Comment